Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Legacy Quest: Hillary Clinton vs Tyra Banks

Apparently Hillary Clinton went on Tyra's talk show and announced she would compete on Dancing with the Stars if she had to be on any reality show. Then she defended her remarks about Martin Luther King Jr.

Remarks that were, this morning, defended by Pat Buchanan on MSNBC. Oof, right? If I were Hills, I'd tell Pat, "Well, thanks, but no thanks."

I'm looking forward to the debate tonight. Tuesday's big for the tely with the Democratic Debate (and then there were three) on MSNBC, ongoing coverage of the Michigan Republican Primary (will this be the downfall of Mitten?!) and the start of American Idol. I'd like to see a presidential debate hosted by Simon Cowell.

Last night one of my favorite political writers, Fareed Zakaria, guested on A Daily Show. FZ is bright, funny and I'm looking forward to his upcoming CNN show. When talking about Musharraf in Pakistan it was eerily similar to our situation at home. "Deemed to be elected" President M has gone from 80% approval to 20% in eight years and is in possession of a Messiah complex. Hrmm... They also talked about George Bush's legacy quest and his recent bid for peace between Israel and Palestine.

This gave me a great idea for a video game. Legacy Quest: A President's Enduring Vision. Okay, maybe the title needs some work. The player gets to be any President from the last 50 years or so and must work to establish his his notable place in history. You must draft budgets for aid packages, negotiate with foreign leaders, meet with your cabinet, etc etc. Well, hunh. This sounded way more exciting in my head last night. Maybe I should throw in some dragons and a magical sword.

Of course, last night I fell asleep through all of prime time so my very important thoughts on Dance War: Bruno vs Carrie Ann and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles later.

Everybody dance now!
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. "This sounded way more exciting in my head last night. Maybe I should throw in some dragons and a magical sword." That's exactly what George W. Bush has been thinking for seven years now. This is what he dreams he's doing when cutting all that brush. "Die dragon!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! And if you watch the Tom Cruise clip, I think TC wants a magical sword and some dragons, too.

    ReplyDelete