Monday, January 14, 2008

Rock of Love 2: Like, I Can't Do This

I really can't. I feel like I'm failing you but I just cannot watch Bret Michaels and his bad wig smooch on these skanky girls with their overblown collagen-overdosed lips. I feel gross. I feel unamused.

I think if Bret didn't have kids he professes to love, I wouldn't mind so much, but all I can think about are his daughters and this is how they're going to see his father relate to women. This is what their father thinks of women. Euw. Double euw. Euw to infinity.

So I'm sorry kids, my Sundays are already full enough without the tramp quotient being upped to a ridonkulous degree. I often talk about the negative things repression does to you but in this case, I think a little repression could go a long, long way.

Moving on, I watched some other naked women this morning, but they were about as far from the Rock of Love mansion as you can get and still be in Los Angeles. The women (well, can you really call Summer Glau's terminatrix a woman?) of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles might have a ways to go to impress me, but the pilot episode was suitably full of action (and Bruce van Exel!) I'm not sure what's up with the recent British Invasion on the small screen but in SCC Linda Hamilton's been replaced by Lena Headey who's turned Sarah from fierce to bitchy as her accent slips in and out. I'm a bit loathe to follow Thomas Dekker onto another show after the Heroes controversy (he played Claire's gay friend Zach who turned out to be, err, not gay because (supposedly) his manager didn't want him doing homosexual characters). I'm not sure what to think - the producer's Wizard World story here and Dekker's "I posted on MySpace that gays are okay" story here. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess. Still on the fence about this show, but it has potential. Definitely a better pilot than Bionic Woman, and I'm always into watching girls kick ass.

I finally finished Eclipse, book three in the Twilight series last night. I admit I cried when Jacob Black ran off into the woods. I still think Bella is a drip, though. Oh my, I just read they've cast Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) as Edward for the movie which also stars Kristen Stewart (I knew she was destined for bigger things when I saw Panic Room) and will be directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown). Nice one! I hope they rewrite Edward and Bella's relationship a bit, though. It would be nice if they didn't come across like lovesick co-dependent morons.

Okay, I must away to work. It's all snowy outside but not enough to make snow ninjas. Drat.

I'm free!
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. You know, I watched five minutes of RoL 2 last night (it was recording when the show I was watching on my DVR ended). It was the scene when all of the girls were kissing Brent goodnight(?) and after one skanky girl licked his lips, the next one paused to wipe the skank detrious off of him before laying one on him. Now Brent was not taken with this, however, if I was that dude, I'd immerse myself in Purel after each one of them girls touched me. Granted, I imagine that Brett already has whatever these girls may have been spreading, but still....

    Anyway, I think I'm going to skip this series and just trust the Soup to show me what I'm "missing". Life's too short especially when I can sit around and watch clips of 30 Rock on Hulu all day.

    I'm reserving my judgement on Terminator until after tonight's episode. But it does say something that I'm going to watch tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I felt pretty gross watching it again last night, but my arms were too tired from painting to change the channel.

    Once was more than enough. Everyone on that show is revolting.

    ReplyDelete