Sunday, December 2, 2007

Desperate Housewives: Tornado Edition

Semi-live Desperate Housewives blogging as a tornado is headed towards Wisteria Lane. I feel like a tornado is headed towards Crestwood as the winds are howling and the windows rattling. Spoilers galore if you haven't watched.

I spent ten hours reading Ellen Emerson White's Long May She Reign yesterday. It's a rare book that commands my attention in such a manner. I think the last time I spent an entire Saturday reading was, oh gosh, nearly ten years ago when I read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb in one sitting. I haven't finished LMSR yet but once I do I'll write a mini review and post my LP Questionnaire with Ms. White who was gracious enough to sit down with me when I was in New York and talk politics, sports and photography. Sometimes when you meet your heroes it's not a disappointment. So now I have EEW and John Paul Jones. Can't do better than that, methinks.

Is it just me or does everyone who watches Desperate Housewives want to kill Teri Hatcher? I mean Susan. Whatever. I saw her on Oprah and I halfway believe they're one and the same. I know she's going to survive this tornado thing so I'm kind of bummed. I also kind of hate Tom and Lynette's monster children. Is that wrong? I don't care. I'm also kind of hating Lynette right now. Oh my God, why do I watch this show??!! These people are all terrible!

I watched the ISU Cup of Russia today and apparently Johnny Weir's given up his career in fashion to concentrate fully on figure skating. It's paying off as he passed Stephane Lambiel to take the gold. It was funny to see all the Russian girls clamor over Weir. Don't they know they'll never have a chance? I heart Lambiel, though. I think he's the most graceful male skater I've ever seen. And he's cute. And I never have a chance (I mean, despite the fact that I'm way older and married and stuff).

I'm getting really sick of hearing this All American Rejects song in this Ford commercial. It might as well be an Apple ad so overplayed is it.

So who else is excited for tomorrow's Heroes finale?

Hmm, Susan just showed unexpected strength telling Mike he'd better go to rehab or she's gonna go, go, go. More Edie/Carlos/Gabrielle crap. Does anyone care? Aww yeah! Cat fight! Has anyone ever seen a tornado this fake? Nathan Fillion needs his own spinoff. He truly looks desperate being on this show.

I like how Bree, Orson, Dana Delaney, and NF are in their safe room with candles burning. Like that's not a fire hazard. Oopsie. The truth just came out... He really did have an affair with the psycho who's locked herself in the bathroom. Double oopsie, Carlos is stuck in his house with a psycho of his own, Gaby's unappealing mayor husband, grey haired guy whose name and character I do not know (oh wait, Carlos just called him Victor). I do remember him from Sex and the City, though. He played a weird politician on that show, too. I think he wanted Carrie to pee on him. Euw.

I make such a credible TV Critic, don't I?

No politics this Sunday as I haven't watched my shows yet. Also, I'm getting race fatigue.

Well, Victor just died (I mean, if he survives getting picket fenced, I shall be shocked). And so, maybe, did Carlos. Holy crap, psycho lady just got sucked into the cyclone. I like how the tornado hit everywhere but the hospital although truly, isn't it as if a tornado hath struck Mike and Susan's marriage? Mrs McClusky's (Mrs. Landingham from West Wing) house is gone. I sure do hope Ida's cat lived.

Err, the show's over. And so is this post.

Hey look! Chevy Chase and Danny Glover are guest starring on Brothers and Sisters. They're gettin' too old for this shit.

Time to feed the Bea,
Ms. P

4 comments:

  1. I stopped watching Desperate Housewives specifically because of Lynette's devil-children. If I can't stand MY kids when they act like jackasses, why do I want to watch anyone else's?

    Also, so Mike's on drugs/booze? I figure you'd have to be to hang with Susan/Teri Hatcher for more than an hour.

    The Ford commercial that uses the Band of Horses track is starting to bug me. They'd do better by just showing their logo while playing a good songs and end it with the tag line: "Ford, we like cool music, buy our cars."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jason! I feel vindicated! Now if only I could stop watching.

    I don't think I've seen the Band of Horses Ford commercial. I did, however, hear a good Band of Horses song at the end of last week's episode of Chuck. I avoided them for a while bec everyone kept saying they sound like MMJ, but a) I don't think they do and b) I like most of the songs of I've heard.

    I also drive a Ford owned vehicle so thank God they like cool music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Susan's character has become very stale (and SO predictable) ala Julia (Neve Campbell) from Party of Five - the same ol, same ol. Alas, I watched the tornado episode, too! And you're so right - the candles. Come on. Like no writer (or anyone to do with the show?!) caught that?!

    I love your commentaries by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ire towards Tom and Lynette's kids. I know boys will be boys but I have to really question their parenting skillz. Esp after Lynette favored Tom over the kitty.

    Thanks Paula - for reading and enjoying!

    Maisy, I agree on Bree. She's pretty much the only reason I keep watching (I still have fond memories of Kimberly on Melrose Place, too). You can stop watching, I'll keep writing. I shall suffer through it for you!

    ReplyDelete