Thursday, November 29, 2007

Manhattan to Crestwood

Apologies for the absence, but I was too busy stuffing my face full of pretzel croissants at The City Bakery and drinking their insanely rich hot chocolate. Aside from the fact that I watched yet another marathon of America's Next Top Model and got myself addicted to Law and Order SVU (have you seen that ep with Marcia Gay Harden and the white supremacists? What a twist!), I did manage to get out there and take some decent shots like the one above of 5th Ave and the Metlife Tower. It started raining as soon as I started shooting, but it was worth it.

However, now I'm home and it's back to TV wonderland. Sadly, this week's Project Runway and America's Next Top Model episodes left me cold. Fashion is in trouble if this is the next wave of designers and models. Episode 3 of Project Runway shows the contestants designing menswear for Tiki Barber, who is apparently some football player with a hot Asian wife. Christian, though he loves my people and thinks we're "fierce", is still the brat of the pack but he is becoming a mascot of sorts so maybe he'll grow on me. I understand the group isn't used to designing for dudes, but really, though the measurements and proportions are different is it that hard to reconfigure a shirt, jacket, vest and pants? Elisa, the spitting hippie, is freaking out because she's never had to fit a man other than her boyfriend and omigod, it's so intimate! One love, sister. What's the big deal? Ricky, who managed to wear four hats then NO hat, was so far behind he had his model sew the buttons on his shirt. Sweet P needs to be renamed Blind P because I have no idea what the heck that shirt was. I think she thought the NFL was the NBA. In the end, Jack the brawny HIV positive naked model (I saw the pictures today!) won, and it was Carmen's turn to go. I guess all that modeling experience didn't help her after all! I don't think I've ever seen so many unfinished ill-fitting outfits come down Project's runway.

Speaking of models getting dumped from reality TV, it was farewell Hoosier Heather on ANTM. I'm only sad about this because now I'm left with four girls I couldn't care less about. My money's on Saleisha or Jenah. If Chantal wins I may never watch the show again. I even like Bianca better than her.

I'm excited to see there are finally some movies worth going to the theater for. I really really hope The Golden Compass doesn't suck. I've seen the Juno commercial about 20 times in the last hour and it looks pretty cute. But Michael Cera is pretty cute and everyone loves Kitty Pryde!

Okay, it's time to feed the animals and watch Kathy Griffin. My life is so suburban!

Thank you, Jesus!
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment