Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Playlist - Wednesday Root Canal Edition

So I'm getting a root canal in a couple hours... by some dentist I've never met... because my regular gal can't do it... and this is fine and everything... I'm not scared... it's not like the last time I got a root canal (my dentist then: Dr. Dick Butcher... seriously) a transformer blew at the power plant causing the electricity to go out mid-procedure and they had to send me home... as bloody stump tooth lady... oh yeah.

In honor of my Marathon Man afternoon... here's today's playlist:



This one's obvious. Classic Ramones.



I heart Steve Martin. This may be the only time I've seen him without grey hair.



I recently remarked that nothing soothes the soul like Christopher Cross. I don't know that I've ever made a truer statement.

One thing I've learned from this experience - two weeks in pain so bad it wakes you up - is to have more empathy for people who live with chronic pain. I don't know how you guys do it, but my heart goes out to you fo sho.

Alright, I'm outta here. Wish me luck! Though it irks me that Tom has crying Dawson as his Twitter avatar, he feels oh so fitting about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment