Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Monsters of Folk, The Jayhawks and Other Randomness



Okay... I've returned from yet another longish absence. Inspiration has eluded me this year in many ways. Living in Kentucky is like all comfort food all the time or something. Days pass and I'm not even sure what I've done with them besides go to Target and find inappropriate children's items.

I did see Monsters of Folk on Halloween and it was a bit surreal sitting there with Tom and Patrick watching the band do MMJ songs but when they came out dressed as KISS for the encore... well, seeing M Ward dressed as Ace Frehley made it all worthwhile. Jim made for an excellent Gene Simmons and words fail me when it comes to Conor as Paul Stanley. All in all it was a good show with "Temazcal" being my favorite song of the evening. I confess I still haven't listened to the entire record. I am a bad friend! Oh, and to Barney Rubble and Gumby in row K, thanks for doing your drunken best to ruin my evening. Well done!!

In other news, things continue to annoy me, I'm still impressed by Glee nearly every week and work on SXSW 2010 has begun in semi-earnest. I wonder when I will become interesting and funny again (or if I ever was). The eternal internal debates rage on. I think I've perfected being happy and melancholy all at once, all the time.

I'm sitting here listening to this song while I write...



and I'm reminded of the time I rescued Lukas Haas who'd come all the way from Austin to see the Jayhawks play... in Austin. I gave him a sober ride home.

And that is all... for now.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that! What an adventure! Those good ol' days!

    ReplyDelete