Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My House No Longer Smells Like Stinky Baby

Because it now smells like vinegar and paint.

The first time I saw the unbelievably frightening kitchen at our new house I laughed about how the aforementioned grody khaki colored plaid wallpaper with bizarre (and bizarrely charming) cow border looked like Tom's show shirt from 2002-03. So tonight I made him pose with it and here is the crappy phone camera result.

He is a study in neutral tones...

I don't remember the last time I was this tired. I'm so tired I can't even be cranky about the fact that the paint color I chose for the living room resembles the paint chip only in the dark... too tired to be sad about sorta destroying the half bath when I tried every method known to man to get that wallpaper off (obnoxious black stripes with a flowered border... sigh). I have now decided that there must be a God because only the Devil would invent wallpaper.

I am not too tired to write and complain, though! Never too tired for that!

I should just be grateful that we have a cute house that may not smell like stinky baby sometime in the near future (not due to actual stinky baby but because the previous owners had one of those cheap hand tufted wool rugs that was apparently shipped in camel urine). And I am very thankful.... or I will be again in the morning.

Meanwhile, The Oak Ridge Boys, sweet dudes that they are, have been Twittering their thanks to me for writing about them. How awesome is that?!

4 comments:

  1. wallpaper sux! can't wait to see what you do with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited to check out the new place :) cya tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really gona miss those cows....

    ReplyDelete
  4. that you were able to see past the plaid wall paper w/cow border when you were house shopping is impressive.
    cows? really?

    your story of tom's show shirt and this pic are hysterical. even his expression is neutral. :|

    hope you're getting out from under all those boxes. oof.

    ReplyDelete