Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello... Is There Anybody In There?



When I was 13, my friend Katie and I used to do some interpretive dance to this song, acting out the lyrics. We had a pretty good routine, I think, but in retrospect that sounds kind of disturbing and could explain a few things.

I feel like every post (weekly, lately) seems to be me wondering if there's anybody out there, actually. I apologize once again, but I do think I'm sparing you by not blogging the details of packing up all my crap that once fit so neatly in this house but now feels endless.

Yesterday I backed my car into our fence. (No Asian driver jokes, please!) I hope this isn't a bad sign as we close today at 1 pm. Tom and I will become homeowners for the first time ever... buying into the American dream of mortgage payments and not living in your mother's house anymore. I feel on the verge of spastic tears at any moment but I think that might be the PMS. TMI?

In related news, I've become obsessed with HGTV and FLN.

I swear to return to regularly scheduled programming once the plaid wallpaper is down and the cow border has gone to cow heaven.

I cannot put my finger on it now...

2 comments:

  1. congrats to both of you! good luck with the move!

    really enjoy your posts btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being new homeowners! It can be kinda overwhelming. Sounds like you have your priorities straight, though, getting the plaid and such out of there. Oy.

    ReplyDelete