Thursday, March 12, 2009

The LP Questionnaire - Janeane Garofalo

Janeane Garofalo is way smarter than me. Way funnier than me. And that's perfectly fine. The queen of supremely dry wit, she embodied a cool that I could maybe grasp for fleeting seconds (and with Criscoed fingers) in my 20s.

I ask LPQ participants to send over some random factoids so I can whip up my little dork city intros. She wrote, "I have chronic back pain and I think I have an inner ear infection."

You know Garofalo from her stand-up, movie/tv performances and time on Air America. She's a political activist, and I always enjoy her appearances on Real Time with Bill Maher (though I seem to be the only person I know who watches that show).

It made my day when I got her responses to The LP Questionnaire.

Name: Janeane Garofalo
Pro Wrestling Name: Red Skye

1. Pretend you're 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. 1980- Anything from Joe Jackson's "I'm the Man" album.

2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The one that was the illegitimate president for the past eight years, Dick Cheney

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Kimba the White Lion

4. What superpower do you wish you had? The ability to get a lot done in a day

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? I Can't Seem to Get Anything Done in a Day

Boy oh boy, I can't either.

Hey kids, hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

  1. Danger Mouse was a better cartoon. However I have never seen Kimba the Lion. I thoroughly enjoy Janeane Garofalo's humor. I had a huge crush on her when I was in grade school. Give yourself more credit lp! You must be awfully smart and funny if you get to ask her to fill out that fun questionnaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her, too! She's on '24' this season, which was an unexpected treat.

    And I watch Real Time with Bill Maher (and I enjoy it even more since finding out that a few of my loony family members think his show is "disgusting, appalling and something that only the most ignorant and uninformed people would watch -- people that want to go to hell").

    Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrm. I get looks of disgust when I mention his name from Democrats and Republicans alike. He is smug but he's also smart.

    He hangs out at the Playboy Mansion a lot - I bet he and Bret Michaels are BFFs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I know this is an old thread, but ...)

    What a coup that she responded! I've only ever caught clips of her appearances on Maher, and I like that she appears to be better informed than most people on the show and that she will challenge Maher when he tells her not to be so hard on some Republican or other. She will not let right-wingers get away with just repeating lies, and she's one of the only people I've heard that seems to get the psychology of right-wingers.

    ReplyDelete