Friday, March 13, 2009

The LP Questionnaire - Marc Maron

I was going to write a pithy intro about Marc Maron and all his many, many, many, many, many, many accomplishments (he was on Conan 42 times!), but he sent me a little mini-bio that is way more amusing than anything I could come up with so here goes...

"Marc Maron is a standup comic, author, actor, radio personality, feral cat wrangler and a Jew. His recent accomplishments include accidentally running over a large Possum in his driveway and then crying AND doing an afternoon Google research project to find out who his ex-wife is sleeping with and then crying. His book, The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah, is out of print and overpriced by vendors who think it might have some collectors value. His two CDs, Not Sold Out and Tickets Still Available are reasonably priced and available. He's been on HBO, Conan, Letterman, Air America and Comedy Central. His new solo show, Scorching the Earth, is a brokenhearted comedy bile fest for the emotionally traumatized seeking relief. He is currently a co-host of the live daily internet video show, Breakroom Live with Maron and Seder, on Air America. You can also do the www.marcmaron.com thing."

See... some might call me lazy, I just call Mr. Maron a far better writer than I. Me?

More evidence here, in his fabulosin LP Questionnaire!!

Name: Marc Maron
Pro Wrestling Name: Fusion Slate. Sounds more like a list of candidates from a political party in the future. (Though I think we may have our first Fusion president now.)

1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
I was 15 in 1978 three songs on a mixed tape:
Wild One Forever-Tom Petty
Watching the Detectives - Elvis Costello
The Jean Jeanie - David Bowie

2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Edward G Robinson as Rico in Little Caesar. "You'll shut up and take this stimulus package, see. I'm the new boss in the oval office, see. You republicans are all washed up, see. Now get out."

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? The Roadrunner - it serves as a template for almost all of the romantic relationships in my life. I, of course, am Wile E. Coyote.

4. What superpower do you wish you had? Emotional boundaries-some kind of psychic body shield to keep crazy street people and dangerous women from walking into my soul

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Explosive Despair - The Way Too Long Angry Life and Times of Marc Maron

This is a repository from my SXSW blog. I gots these things comin' out my ears these days and they are ALL GOOOOOOOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment