Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammys pt 4 - Check Out These Handsome Nominees


I'm trying to decide if the picture above is hilarious or adorable. Probably both. This article certainly is. For the record, Tom's suit is Lad Musician and was purchased at the coolest store ever, Opening Ceremony.

I'm home. I'm home on the couch watching the Grammys telecast.

Some things I've noticed with the benefit of closeups:

The Jonas Brothers really really really are a scourge. I'm trying very hard to repress the memory of Stevie Wonder performing with them. As I mentioned, I thought it was the end of the world. Seriously, I was waiting for the four horsemen to storm the Staples Center.

Katy Perry seems to hate her song "I Kissed A Girl" as much as we do. The response at the end was rather tepid. She looked a bit lost at the lack of applause and went back to her banana. I suspect Katy might be a cool girl, though, and hope she comes up with something soon to erase the taste of cherry Chapstick.

I quite like this Estelle/Kanye West song. It was probably some huge hit, and I heard it for the first time last night. That's how lame I am. Kanye could not have looked less excited to hand Adele (and her gum) the award for Best New Artist.

Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland reminds me of Kirsten Dunst (she probably hears this all the time). It was just as cute on TV when she thanked Paul McCartney as it was at the show.

Foolishly forgotten on my list of highlights:

Radiohead. I wish you could have heard the sound of the USC marching band a bit better on the telly. How psyched were those kids?!! Thom Yorke remains one of the most fascinating dudes in music.

And The Four Tops tribute... it was a real treat to see Smokey Robinson and Duke Fakir. I think I'm still on a high from seeing Neil Diamond. NEIL DIAMOND! Okay...

As far as audience shots go, I've seen Tom's head, and the woman who sat to my left and repeatedly flipped her hair all over me. I did not, however, catch any glimpses of myself. Relief!

We had dinner after the madness at an awesome restaurant called Home in Silverlake. I wish it had been there when I lived in LA. Yummo!

Speaking of home... there's no place like it.

Now I must go unpack. And sleep... and sleep some more.

1 comment:

  1. Radiohead's performance with the USC marching band was pretty sweet, but I'm still miffed they beat out MMJ.
    My hands down favorite part was M.I.A. performing nine months pregnant, wearing a partially see-through mini dress. Now that's a cool chick.

    ReplyDelete