Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rediscovering Old Loves - New Moon On Monday



Okay, I'm being lazy this morning because how can I rediscover Duran Duran when I STILL LISTEN TO THEM ALL THE TIME!

However, I've had some fond reminiscing with my friend Dom recently about our experiences on the Seven and the Ragged Tiger tour, and I know I've told you guys about how awesome it was when John Taylor sent me flowers (although not as awesome as if it had happened when I was 13 instead of 30).

Then there's Paula Yoo's completely adorable, well-written and funny YA novel, Good Enough, where a D2-esque band features prominently. I read this on the flight to LA last week, and "my heart burst into confetti."

Anyway... with their silly cinematic videos with cheesy overwrought plots, golden English beauty, and dreamy songs, Duran Duran epitomize all that was simply dandy about the 80s. How I miss those innocent days.

No comments:

Post a Comment