Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammys pt 3 - I HEART NEIL DIAMOND

We're at dinner after the endless day and eve.

Highlights:
Adele performing "Chasing Pavements."

MIA in her totally kickass maternity outfit.

Neil Diamond defining showmanship with a killer rendition of "Sweet Caroline."

Lowlights:
Jonas Bros with Stevie Wonder (the world just ended... seriously).

MMJ not winning (although is losing to Radiohead really losing?).

Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus singing some ridonkulous song about being 15. (I don't think being 15 was that stupid. Or maybe it was and I've blissfully forgotten. In that case, thanks for reminding me, girls!)

Okay, my food is here... so very hungry... the only thing I ate today was concession stand nachos... toxic orange sludge mixed with unsalted tortilla chips. Tragic.

2 comments:

  1. I heart Neil, too. Sigh.

    I must be missing something re: The Jonas Bros. They don't seem to be very big here in Australia (thankfully)

    However, from what I've heard - they're supposed to be so cute/sound terrible that it's "cool" to listen to them... kinda like that crazy frog ringtone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "MMJ not winning (although is losing to Radiohead really losing?)"

    Gotta say not really, but still wish MMJ had stolen it. And after the sugar crash disorientation went away (being newly diabetic is freaky), I found P&A did get album of the year like I had hoped after all.

    MIA's outfit was awesome! She should have pulled RotY just for having the balls to wear what she does.

    ReplyDelete