Monday, January 5, 2009

Tom Is Making Dinner and I'm Watching Oprah



I swore I'd never be one of those bloggers who writes about mundane crap like what she had for breakfast because seriously, the minutiae of one's day generally bores me to freaking tears. The minutiae of my day bores me to tears!

However, I'm sitting here on the couch and yes, I'm watching Oprah and yes, Tom is cooking dinner (because I don't know how), and some nice sounds are coming from the kitchen so I thought I'd post them here because it's totally cutting edge to be sharing a Beck song (along with a weird homemade video) that came out last July. I probably even heard this song when I saw Beck at the Hollywood Bowl in September, but I was too busy being snarky about, well, the entire experience and thus probably missed it.

As for Oprah, I'm proud that she's speaking out about her fat. I would do the same but a) no one would really care and b) I'm not cool and un-self conscious like Oprah. However, if going back to Tae Kwon Do tonight after a month off has shown me anything it's that the do bok is pushing maximum density. So, Oprah and I had better get down on it in 2009.

Now it's dinner time and we're watching Superstars of Dance (I know I said I wouldn't), and the international judging panel is bagging on the Chinese dude. Bummer. Tom thinks I have a crush on the Russian judge. That might be a little true.

1 comment:

  1. chemtrails is my favorite track off modern guilt. I love how the drums and bass lock up.

    ReplyDelete