Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Facebook - Friends Schmends

Everyone I know is not only on Facebook, but ACTIVELY INVOLVED.

And I'm not just talking about my twentysomething girlfriends (of which there are two. I am over women in their 20s but that's another post) or my teenage nieces, I'm talking about my close friends who are in their 30s, 40s and 50s.

Oh yes, I have one 51 year old bud who gifted me with several sea animals and plants. I have other pals who won't ever email, but will FB message me on a regular basis. I've taken quizzes that involved stick figures depicting blockbuster films and tests to find out what kind of friend I am (not a very good one, apparently), and I refused refused refused to get sucked in. Until now.

Now I'm on there all day with the best of 'em. Messaging, petting my Brian Williams Fluff Friend and laughing at teenage pictures of MMJ's guitar tech and my friend Jamie.

I'm on there even though my ARCH NEMESIS, the Free Credit Report.com guy, haunts me on a regular basis.

Oh, how the (not so mighty) have fallen

4 comments:

  1. i can't wait for that post about "being over twentysomethings."

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet... i'm just kitten. i love all of humanity, no matter the age, race, gender, sexual orientation. in fact, i love you even if you're an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think in this case it's as the emperor says, 'your hate will make you strong.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very unhealthy Hatchlings habit.

    ReplyDelete