Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Riding On A Tour Bus Is Totally Glamorous


People say that touring with a band must be so very glamorous.

Not so, I tell you.

13 hours from Chicago to New York. 13 people. 12 bunks. A bathroom with a broken light. A backed up toilet. Overwhelming smell of pee. Something that resembled barf on the carpet in the back lounge (not our barf mind you. Barf of old, I suspect). Tom and I shared a bunk that was approximately two and a half feet wide. That might sound romantic but believe you me, it's not.

And no NCIS. I was totally suffering from withdrawal. Delirium Harmons.

Thank Gosh we're in a normal bed now watching It's Me Or the Dog. It's almost like being at home except for the sirens outside the window that is open because for some reason the hotel is like 8 million degrees. We do have a view of the Empire State Building... from the closet.

Crumbs cupcakes tomorrow, though, and mac and cheese springrolls at Cafeteria! It's going to be a great day.

Oh, and I got a photo of Jim published on the New York magazine website. I had no idea they were running it so that was a purty neat surprise. I love New York mag. I subscribe and everything. Also, my pic of Jim and Erykah Badu made it into Rolling Stone's Year in Random Notes. I'm not really into discussing my rather limited photo prowess but occasionally things happen that make me feel a little proud, and I've been very lucky to have access to a subject (MMJ) that people are interested in.

The onslaught begins very soon so I must away. I am bracing myself. I am a notorious grump about New Year's Eve (and everything else), but I'm going to give it the old college try. However, considering that I dropped out of high school twice, I don't hold much hope. My New Year's Eve resolution to be more patient and cheery doesn't start til the 1st, right?

I'm just kitten! I don't make New Year's resolutions!

3 comments:

  1. Hey now, don't sell yourself short on your photo skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resolutions, patience and cheeriness are all overrated. As is the tour bus experience, from the sound of it -- unless you're touring on a bus with Bret Michaels and 18 skanks, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete