Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NYC: Hell Is Other People

I've always thought it fitting that Jean Paul Sartre a) wrote this and b) has the same birthday as me. Then again, so does Prince William... Also, as I understand it "hell is other people" does not literally mean hell is other people.

However, in New York City during the holidays it most certainly does.

I just bobbed and weaved my way down 6th Avenue to get back to the hotel. Some guy basically pushed me down the sidewalk until I turned around and told him that shoving me wasn't going to make things go any faster. We were like ants. We were like crumbling legos. I understand Jim's Pac-Man comment in re living here.

Speaking of that comment... I bought the current issue of New York magazine and that picture is A FULL PAGE. That kinda made my day. That was a better New York moment.

Another great NY moment? Buying my friend Anna (of Is This Tight? fame) these totally bitchin' 2009 spectacles to wear at the show tomorrow. She's gonna be the coolest girl there. Not only do they have flashing lights, they flash in different patterns. Best $10 I ever spent.

And I bought a pashmina.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call "making a spectacle of yourself". Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is why I knew it would be a bad idea for me to be in NYC for New Year's eve. Good luck tonight! We'll really miss the show and being with you guys, but if the crowd is anything like I suspect I'm better off home in my pj's drinking champagne in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete