Sunday, December 28, 2008

Persuasive Evidence That I Am the Most Boring Person In the World

So... Tom and I are in Chicago for My Morning Jacket's return to the stage for the first time since Jim's fall in Iowa City.

The lads put on a lovely show, and I actually watched a lot of it instead of shooting because unfortunately, though the Chicago Theater is super neato and stuff, the sightlines on the stage weren't so hot (damn monitors!).

However, here's why I am now convinced that I am indeed the Mayor of Snoozeville. I am persona per zzzzz.

1. I actually sat in the dressing room reading Living Dead In Dallas for part of the show. Now I'm not saying I love Eric Northman more than I love Tom or anything. Really. I swear.

2. My favorite part of last night's show was seeing Jim's new Lancers jacket (pictured). I wonder if there's a way to steal it without him noticing.

3. I'm in Chicago, a city I love, but after hitting H&M and spending ridiculous amounts of money at Vosges Haut Chocolat (which is good but not as good as Teuscher even though they sold me some moldy truffles once), I sat in bed in our hotel room watching the NCIS marathon on USA. In my defense, it rained most of the day and there are only like ten channels on the TV. I will say that I enjoy Garcia from Criminal Minds more than the gothy nerd tech chick on NCIS. Every crime show must have one but some are better than others. However, I will confess that I might have more affection for Ducky the Medical Examiner than Spencer Reid the Boy Genius even though Spencer is rather more attractive.

Anyhoo... I've posted some pics from the show to give you the illusion that I'm really a fascinating concert photographer who makes pretty images while lurking in the shadows, hiding behind a lens. Actually, that makes me sound like a serial killer or something.

I promise to do something more interesting today.

3 comments:

  1. From someone who's lost maybe four days this week to a magically! endless House marathon - so rudely interrupted by one day of NCIS - this post made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the JD Underground?

    I watched a lot of House, too.

    ReplyDelete