Thursday, August 7, 2008

Project Runway - Episode 4

Apparently every episode of Project Runway must now feature:

Joe showing how not gay he is.
Suede referring to himself in the third person.
Stella saying, "I love leatha."
Blayne discussing his stupid tan. How he managed to avoid saying "-licious" this week is beyond me. Or did he and I missed it?

I'm seriously falling asleep here.

The designers are challenged with creating an outfit for the US Olympic athletes to wear at the opening ceremony in Beijing. Apollo Anton Ohno is the guest judge. That makes a lot of sense since he's a WINTER games athlete... but okay.

Since I just wrote a marathon So You Think You Can Dance post, I'm just going to cover the runway.

Joe's USA skort is actually the most sporty spice thing on the runway. Does this mean skorts are coming back? Egads. Joe had a mini-hetero meltdown earlier where he complained that there were too many queens around. Umm, what show did he think he was auditioning for?

I don't hate Blayne's off the shoulder ensemble. I did hate saying that, though. Blayne doesn't know what Sgt Pepper is, but he made Tim say "holla at ya boy" again. It wasn't as funny this time.

Daniel's dress looks more like something a flight attendant in the 50s would wear. Or is that some other era I'm reminded of? Roseana should be able to tell me. Apparently, according to Michael, it's from the Republic of Cocktail Land.

Jennifer designs something kind of cute. How it relates to the Olympics in any way, shape or form, I have no idea. Apollo says he cannot walk tall, strong and proud in that girly frock.

I'm not even going to talk about Jerrell. And whatever the hell that is (see photo above).

Ditto Keith.
These designers must not watch the Olympics. Is that a given? Kelli's 60s housewife getup is just bizarre. What decade are we in? I wonder and so does Korto. We live in '08! Yeah!

Crikey, did anyone get a glimpse of Laura Bennett's Supermom getup that was inspired by the Saturn Outlook? I'm sure I'll be seeing that on all the minivan'ed soccer moms at Springhurst next week.

Kenley's outfit is not only completely unathletic, it's also fug to the max. She's lucky she has immunity.

Korto really likes those flowing pants, doesn't she? Heidi thinks those flowing pants are going to make America proud!

Leanne... is boring me, but her outfit looks well made.

God bless Stella. If the Olympics are ever in space she is so there. She says, "It represents the country in a bad ass way." Indeed.

Suede's outfit is just suedetastic! Not! I'm bringing back the "not" joke. Tell your friends.

I would be impressed by Terri's outfit if it didn't have that neck thing. Apollo says he "loves the colors." Umm, they're red, white and blue. Duh!

Korto is tonight's big winner and it's auf wiedersehen Jennifer.

Ta ta lovelies,
Ms. P

ps. OMG Brooke Shields is on next week! Whee!

2 comments:

  1. well, i thought it was 50s. did he says 40s?

    high waisted pants are super in right now. i don't know why. i hate them. isn't there some happy medium between butt baring and mom jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel did say "40s." His dress isn't 50s, either. The hem length is too short. Hems started to go up again in the 60s.

    Only the very young can afford to follow what's "in." The rest of us must wear what actually fits and looks the best -- high, low, or somewhere in between. It's amazing what a proper fit in a garment does to your worries about what's current.

    ReplyDelete