Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ms. P One Year Later

It was one year ago today that I started this little blog and my :sniff: how you've grown!

I looked at my first few posts last night and way back then I was watching the US Open and talking about gay marriage.

In that time, things have changed in both tennis AND gay marriage! Has any other blogger tied the two together, I wonder? Methinks not!

These changes have been positive and so today I celebrate both Rafael Nadal taking over the #1 spot from Roger Federer AND California's legalization of gay marriage. Hurray for progress!

However, I think after watching last night's match between Andy Roddick and Ernest Gulbis I may have a new favorite. The young Latvian is scrappy, adorable and hits some amazingly impossible shots down the line.

Here's some vid of Nadal vs Gulbis from Wimbledon.



Unfortunately, Roddick prevailed but not before being pushed to four sets. Though I heart Lacoste, I do not heart AR. On that Mandy Moore and I have something in common. Or maybe it's Zach Braff she doesn't like anymore. Well, me either so score on both counts.

I've also spent the last year talking about politics, and we've had a historic little week here in America with Barack Obama's nomination and McCain's choice of Sarah Palin for VP (I love how they'd met ONE time before he picked her and that she has a son called Van Palin). I think it's going to be another nail biter in early November. I maintain that the person best suited for this job will never run.

I think the following picture best describes my current feelings about the state of politics:

And that makes me sad, really, because I should care and am a self-confessed political junkie type. However, the whole dog and pony (or elephant and donkey?) show has worn me out. They really need to cut back on these long election seasons. This country has ADD, what the heck were they thinking?

Alright... Happy Anniversary to me or something. Hope you all are having a fab holiday weekend.

Gossip Girl starts on Monday! W00t!

Maintaining my love/hate relationship with the internets,
Ms. P

4 comments: