Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My iPod is a Genius



I was going to write this whole post about how my iPod is a genius, how when it's set to shuffle it dazzles me by going from Duran Duran to Cyndi Lauper, etc etc. And then again, maybe not because Phantom Planet into Donna Summer doesn't really make sense...

I was also going to marvel at my ability to sing along to over 150 songs in the course of a night painting my mother-in-law's house... how I can remember all those lyrics but cannot remember Tom's birthday or our wedding anniversary.

I've always been amazed at how my brain only wants to retain useless information.

Anyway, all this stuff happened over the weekend and now feels very uninteresting. It was probably uninteresting at the time, too, but after huffing paint for a million hours and getting very little sleep it seemed compltely fascinating.

So did listening to Big Country (see above)...

I'm still excited about Rafael Nadal's big win over Roger Federer, though I did feel a bit sad for Fed. You could tell he was heartbroken. However, it's impossible not to love Rafa, and I've been following him (and his capri pants) for a few years now. He has mucho heart. He wrote a Wimbledon blog for ESPN.com. It's pretty cute... just like him.

And finally, I'm so glad my friend C shared this amazing invention with me (even if she did send it with a note saying whoever made this needs to get laid)...


Go to Make:Blog to see details on this fine achievement in geekery. I'm so lobbying for MMJ to take this out on their next tour.

Okay, I've bored you enough...

Toodles,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen in my life!

    ReplyDelete