Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knighty Night

SPOILER ALERT...

ALERT DU SPOILER...

SPOILERAGE...

Random, discombobulated thoughts on The Dark Knight, which I've just returned home from seeing...

It was so bleak, but in a way I sort of love (mostly because it will freak the bejesus out of all the idiots who are going to see it and should be thinking about their own strange natures but don't... and I'm not saying that everyone who goes to see this movie is an idiot...)

I was not impressed by the Lord of the Rings ending, though... where it could have ended and didn't, could have and didn't, etc.

When the cops were getting shot at on "lower 5th," why did they not shoot back? That really bothered me for some reason. I also thought the decision to go underground instead of turning left was rather daft.

Why does Batman sound so strange when he's being Batman? Bruce Wayne has a normal voice. Does having all that latex around his neck constrict his vocal chords or something?

I felt sad every time Heath Ledger came on. I really wanted to enjoy his performance, but it was tough. That said, he was pretty neat.

I'm impressed that a major studio would allow a summer blockbuster to be so harsh and disturbing. Yes, it's all well and good that the people on the ferries didn't blow each other up, but the "average white dude" (I wonder if he's credited as that) refrained from putting the explode on the prisoners only because he wussed out. Not because he didn't want to.

Either way I found it an interesting use of the Milgram Experiment.

I'm less impressed that parents are taking their smaller kids to see this.

Aaron Eckhart is awesome, although his half-face made me laugh and roll my eyes which I'm not sure was the desired effect. Maggie Gyllenhaal is less awesome but better than Katie Holmes (and a certain part of her frontal region didn't stick out once, which was nice).

My final thought... the world needs a little less conversation, a little more action.

From Eric Roberts to Emma, I'm now watching Nancy Drew so I don't have nightmares about the Glasgow Smile...
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. RE: "My final thought... the world needs a little less conversation, a little more action."

    Isn't that what got us where we are today after 8 years of King George?

    ReplyDelete