Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Whiteygate: Michelle Obama, Instant Coffee, and the Race for the Blight House

Apparently we haven't even begun to see the ugliness that will be the general election race.

Reports have been surfacing that there's a videotape floating around featuring Michelle Obama using the word "whitey" and being otherwise disparaging towards caucasians.

And there's some ultra-conservative right wing rich guy willing to pay $1 million for this tape... so he can hurt... John McCain.

Whether this is true or not (and I hope it's not), it does make me nervous about the fact that Obama's closet hasn't been thoroughly cleaned out. Even if this whiteytape doesn't exist, you know people will believe it, anyway, just like they believe Obama is a Muslim.

Interesting yet cloudy days to come, I think.

In other news, some moron on MSNBC said this morning that "Oregon is lattes and Kentucky is instant coffee." I'm getting real tired of us being portrayed as a bunch of backwater racists who are too stupid to do anything but vote against the black guy. Has this idiot ever been to Salem, Oregon??!! The scariest white trash I've ever seen resides there (not to mention that the Pac NW has more than its fair share of meth labs). I'm just saying, there's white trash everywhere. As embarrassed as I am by my fellow Kentuckians sometimes... we don't have the market cornered. Tom's not my cousin or anything. We have all our teeth. We don't own a banjo, and for G's sake, I'm not even white!!!!

I heart Moonshine,
Ms. P

3 comments:

  1. Eek. All politicians scare me.

    BTW, I spent four years in Salem, Ore. I went to Willamette University, which is directly across the street from the State Capitol building. Picketers came out in droves every, single day for four years to rally against gay rights. They passed out the most ridiculous, offensive propaganda I've ever seen and all I could think was, Geez, don't you people have jobs or something better to do?

    Obviously, they didn't. A lot of them didn't have teeth or showers, either. This is just a really longwinded way of agreeing that Salem is full of white trash and rednecks and meth labs.

    However, I do love Portland: it has the enormous Powell's Books and those liberal, highly intelligent (pot smokin') kids at Reed College. And it's only a 45 minute drive to the ocean, which I miss dearly.

    I digress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I drive a Subaru...by choice. Can we still be friends? :)

    Interesting side note: After I bought it, I found out it is the top-rated car for lesbian drivers, according to lesbianlife.com. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as you don't drive it in portland... or become a hippie... i think we'll be fine. ;)

    lesbians love a good car!

    ReplyDelete