Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol: Season Finale (and the Winner is...)

Some thoughts on tonight's show... which I'm watching against my better judgment.

This David Archuleta guy should totally win. He just finished singing that "Apologize" song with One Republic. He was way better than the other David (Cook) who sang "Smart Dressed Man" along with ZZ Top.

The Jonas Brothers, if I ever meet those dweebs it will take all my willpower not to give them a little sock in the face. I know that's mean, but they're totally asking for it. Every time I see them I feel like David Banner.

I'm so glad I got to see that Bryan Adams medley (not really). I remember when Bryan Adams got on the bad side of one of the security guys at The Viper Room by giving him a gentle kick to the shoulder. I remember thinking that Bryan was very brave or stupid to take on Tim.

Great, now Apple is going to make me hate Coldplay. Chris Martin was a lot cooler before he became Bono Jr.

This Gladys Night thing with Jack Black, Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. is freaking weird. They make some interesting Pips.

Did anyone else think the Graham Nash "Teach the Children" performance was strange? And who was that girl? And why wasn't she wearing shoes? She is going to be really sorry that millions of people had to stare at her FOOT for three minutes. I know I am.

Is Carrie Underwood trying to be Faith Hill or Shania Twain?

I heard George Michael would be performing tonight. I guess this is it. Some scary looking ladies are singing "Faith." I'm guessing they were the final female contestants.

This one guy - the dude who sang first in the Bryan Adams bit and the first male to sing "Father Figure" - he's a dead ringer for Rufus on Gossip Girl. It's eerie. Am I wrong?

I can't believe the voting was so close - 56% to 44% between Cook and Archuleta. Cook isn't even as good as some of these other guys who got booted off before him. Of course, I haven't watched this show since the first week so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Why is George singing some song no one's ever heard (or is it just me who's never heard it?). Is he making a comeback? Is this what Eli Stone hath wrought? Paula's in tears. She is INSANE. In a somewhat lovable way, I suppose.

Simon's chest is... oddly tan. OMG, who's going to win? Who? Who?

The winner, by 12 million votes, is DAVID COOK. No freaking way! What did I miss that this goofball with the bad hair and the mediocre voice won? I do like his star necklace, though, and the fact that he's crying. Geez, now I feel bad for being insulting. Sorta bad. That felt kind of anti-climactic, really.

Ugly Betty season finale tomorrow! And So You Think You Can Dance starts back up. Tom and I are STOKED!

Good night,
Ms. P

5 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you how much I love your running commentaries when you're watching shows? So funny.
    "The Jonas Brothers, if I ever meet those dweebs it will take all my willpower not to give them a little sock in the face. I know that's mean, but they're totally asking for it. Every time I see them I feel like David Banner."
    Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks. I don't know what it is about those Jonas Losers. Hanson never made me feel this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was the worst season ever. at the end, simon was like, i don't care who wins and i agreed but only because they both make me aggressive. p.s. when do i get to sing with graham nash? also, except for you, me, and some members of is this tight? does anyone that watches american idol know who graham nash even is? i'm frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about the Jonas brothers. I HATE their tight pants and their whiny voices. On the other side, I really didn't wanat David Archuleta to win. He was so perfect during the whole show and everyone talked about his perfect voice but he had no..somthing, I don't know. He needs a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anna - that's exactly it... that audience was so like 'my gawd, who is this old dude?'

    t - i think they both need a few years. or not even that...

    i mean... meh! david cook is going to be crying again soon... when his record doesn't sell. of course now that i've said this i'm all but guaranteeing him platinum success.

    ReplyDelete