Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Politics: Ron Reagan, White Trash and Deliver Us All From Deliverance

I have insomnia so I'm watching reruns of the Kentucky and Oregon Primary coverage on MSNBC.

Ron Reagan just said, "If Appalachia was a country Hillary Clinton would be president." This was preceded by some derisive white trash mumblings.

I'm sorry, but I think Appalachia is probably going for McCain in the general election.

At first I felt annoyed and slightly insulted that my candidate of choice is now only identified with downtrodden white people (who are apparently also racists). Of course, it doesn't help that she's totally pandered to this demographic. Unfortunately, in the end, Reagan's words be truth, I suppose (if we were all Democrats, that is).

I wish I didn't feel so completely uneasy about Obama. There's change coming, alright. That I believe. I'm just not sure it's the Kum Ba Yah wind of unity we're all hoping for. I was talking to a friend earlier today (okay, yesterday) about Barack and he sent me this link.

Part of me wants to run, I tell ya, but in this ever shrinking world, there's nowhere left to go.

Poo,
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment