Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The LP Questionnaire - Eugene Mirman

This originally came from the SXSW blog, but Eugene Mirman is so awesome he deserves a double.

When Eugene was in the 8th grade he once got a -8 on a homework assignment for math class (I guess this was that new math they were trying to teach us back in the 80s). One time at a party he defeated the girl who was the backgammon champion of Chicago.

In the 6th grade his dog got hit by a car and died, and a girl told him that his dog committed suicide because it didn't love him (and that is one of the most tragic stories ever).

Name: Eugene Mirman
Pro Wrestling Name: King Frost (the female version is Miss Freak)

1. Pretend you're 15 (and tell us what year it is, if you don't mind). Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.

The year is 1990. I would put "What It Takes" by Aerosmith (or "Janie's Got A Gun" if I was in a goofball mood), "Sweet Child 'O Mine" by Guns 'N Roses and "Stuck Inside A Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again" by Bob Dylan.

2. Which evil villain would make the best president? Magneto, because he is good natured, and he's also well informed.

3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Superfriends, I think. I also liked Galaxy Rangers and Transformers.

4. What superpower do you wish you had? It's so hard to pick just one, because they are all so good (except if your power was throwing up a lot and not noticing it). It would definitely be fun to fly. However, it would also be great to shoot beams out of your mind. I guess I would have to say telekinesis, because it's the most versatile. I'd want to be a much more powerful version of Scott Baio's character from Zapped! (I'd also take my powers more seriously than he did) and also from Zapped Again! (which I have not seen, but I imagine must be very, very similar to Zapped!).

5. What would the title of your autobiography be? It would either be Eugene Mirman: The Story Of Oddball Immigrant Man or Please Don't Shit There: The Life And Times Of Eugene Mirman. Regardless, it would have a giant sticker on it that said, “Now With More Swears!”

Thanks for joining us for this edition of The LP Questionnaire. Jonah Ray coming up tomorrow. I heard recently that Warren Ellis will be at Wizard World Chicago so I'll have to dust that one off and give it a post (and yes, I'm sitting on all manner of excellent LPQ's because I'm totally lame).

You have a good day!
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment