Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lost In Austin: A Lot Can Happen in a Day

Well, I'm here. Truth be told, I'd rather be in Kentucky (don't tell my boss that!), and I never thought I'd say those words. Somehow I've resigned myself (in a pleasant sort of way) to being a Crestwood gal.

As for today's news...

Heath Ledger... RIP (shocking and sad in that strange, why is this shocking I didn't know him at all sort of way).

Brad Renfro... RIP (I know that's a bit old. I meant to mention it when it happened but didn't get around to it, which is lame).

I certainly hope things don't come in three's this time around.

Fred Thompson's out. Was he ever really in?

Barack and Hillary are going at it. This is a drag. I hope that people can see beyond "black man and white woman fighting," although after listening to Rush Limbaugh (I was with my mother and had no choice) for a bit today, I'm rather doubtful.

American Idol was in San Diego which was rather dull. The weird guy with the long fingernails whose voice was barely a whisper did manage to freak me out, though. What is with the dudes and the nails this season?

I've been toodling around on Twitter and Facebook and can't seem to figure out the point of either, although reading the random thoughts of my internet friends has proved to be fairly amusing.

Oscar nominations were announced this morning. Bit surprised at all the Juno love. I saw an interview with Marion Cotillard after she got her nod (for playing Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose), and I almost have to retract my Golden Globes Access Hollywood sniping because she really is a babe! She made an impressive transformation into EP. Nice to see Hal Holbrook get a nom (even though it seems like he doesn't have a chance in hell over Javier Bardem) and ha ha, no Julia Roberts. Thank God for small favors. Cate Blanchett will probably win Best Supporting Actress, anyway. They sure can't give it to her for the universally panned Elizabeth II: Shrill and Shrillerer. Interesting to see what the telecast will be like. Maybe Jon Stewart can announce all the awards and get Stephen Colbert to give the acceptance speeches.

I'll be more interesting tomorrow. Possibly.

It's cold but I'm warm,
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. "Maybe Jon Stewart can announce all the awards and get Stephen Colbert to give the acceptance speeches."

    Sounds good to me.

    Hope your trip takes a turn for the better, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miss Lauren. I like how your picture changes nearly every day!

    ReplyDelete