Friday, December 7, 2007

Ugly Juno and the 10 Most Fascinating People (according to Barbara Walters)

Is Juno the best movie I've seen this year? Quite possibly. Then again, I did miss Freedom Writers, Norbit and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, but it was certainly better than Because I Said So and Becoming Jane. Kitty Pryde does an admirable job in her portrayal of pregnant teen Juno MacGuff. I'll be interested to see what other choices Ellen Page makes in the future and I'm thrilled to see a young actress who hasn't flashed her bits and pieces while getting out of a car. Go Ellen, I say. The cast is rounded out by other LP faves Allison Janney, JK Simmons and Michael Cera. Jennifer Garner even makes a likable turn as the uptight wannabe adoptive mother Vanessa. I liked Jason Bateman, but boy did I cringe at the end. I won't spoil it for you. Come back after you've seen it and we can discuss. Anyway, the Little Miss Sunshine comparisons are a bit insulting, I think. I enjoyed this film about a thousand times more.

Last night's Ugly Betty was possibly the first episode this season that hasn't made me cry.

Some random thoughts with spoilers...

Was that Jose Gonzalez I heard in the background at one point? Nice. one.

I still think Betty has better chemistry with Freddy Rodriguez than Christopher Gorham (but damn, who knew CG was so buff?!)

Betty White... hilarious as always. "That Golden Girls money went right into the nickel slots!"

I'm a little tired of Alexis' grasping (paintballing Daniel after he offered to share leadership of Meade was pretty darn cold). Perhaps I don't understand sibling rivalry very well.

Wilhemina stealing Papa Meade's sperm post-mortem (so she could impregnate herself and give birth to an heir) really grossed me out, but Mark's response, "That's in your freezer? I put a Pinkberry in there!" after she pulled it out? Tee hee.

I'm watching Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People of 2007. I can't believe Don Imus made it onto the list. I'm not offended that he's back on the air, but shouldn't he get less attention for what he said, not more? I watched Imus' attorney and Al Sharpton duke it out on Larry King (with Joy Behar, who couldn't control the situation, hosting) earlier this week and all I could think was that neither of them do anything to further race relations in this country either by intelligent discourse or action.

Katherine Heigl seems a little bitchy, but in that good I kind of respect what you're saying sort of way. Not too sure about that Josh Kelly, though.

The rest of the list included Justin Timberlake, the MySpace guys, Hugo Chavez, Bill Clinton, David and Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Hudson and at the top of the list JK Rowling (who wasn't even interviewed). Barbara didn't manage to make anyone cry, as far as I could tell (I confess I used the fast forward button quite a bit).

Holiday eps of Monk and Psych tonight as well as a new Women's Murder Club. Oh boy!

It doesn't seem like Christmas is coming,
Ms. P

ps. I've returned to throwing random photos that I've taken into my posts because after a week of excluding them, my little blog looked oh so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment