Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Enchanted? Enchanting. Top Model Wannabes? Not So Much

Spoiler Alert for ANTM. I'm warning ya now! Apparently I ruined Heroes for a pal and I feel real real bad about that.

I went to a movie today for the first time since seeing the disaster that was Becoming Jane. I'm a bit sad that I missed Michael Clayton and Into the Wild, but I think they'll do just fine in the living room. Enchanted was delightful. Amy Adams might be my new girl crush and James Marsden redeemed himself from his wooden portrayal of Cyclops in the X-Men flicks. Tom wasn't sad he missed it even though he loves McDreamy.

Moving on to the small screen, I don't think there's been a single cycle of America's Next Top Model where the final four were such a whiny, arrogant, annoying bunch of brainless morons. I'm rooting for no one (except maybe Jenah). Watching them do a photo shoot in Chinese warrior garb on the Great Wall of China is making me slightly nauseous. I can't believe Bianca is faulting anyone else's personality when she's the biggest biyaatch I've seen since Keenyah. Let's not even talk about that bimbo Chantal.

Is anyone else buying these McDonald's commercials featuring the stoner dude with the hoop earrings? I mean, I wasn't considering a career at Mickey D's, but now... it looks ever so appealing. At least he said "well" instead of "good".

So who's going to see PS I Love You? Everyone, right? I just know it's going to have a scene where there's a 60s pop song sing and dance along. I love those. They really make every chick flick. It does co-star Gerard Butler, though... PS seems like the companion film to Catch and Release. Too bad there aren't any drive-in theatres anymore because those two would make a fine double feature. You know, for when you've kidnapped someone and want to torture them. Just kitten, folks. I heard C&R was totally tolerable and stuff.

Okay, it's judging time. Jenah cries. Bianca looks like a zombie in her photo. Drat, they love Chantal. Saleisha's picture is pretty fierce and I guess she's one of the lesser evils even though I got sick of hearing her talk about how hot she is.

I love how the Cover Girl model of the week is Heather, who's gone. But not, according to Bianca, missed.

Haha! Miss J just called Chantal a Boat Model. Too true. That one gets line of the night for sure. Pfft, she got called first. But ding dong the bitch is dead! It's zai jian Bianca as Jenah gets saved!

Now I'm catching up on Gossip Girl while waiting for Project Runway to start. Isn't this superfun spending an evening with me and the kids?! Don't answer that. The nausea train keeps barreling down the tracks as I'm being treated to more makeout sessions with Blair and Chuck. Nate's still morose. I just do not get the allure of Penn Badgley. He's the Dylan Walsh of GG. And Chuck... there's something oddly attractive about Chuck Bass (or the guy who plays him - Ed Westwick). But he's also mildly revolting so I don't feel good about this. Goodness, Serena's grandmother is a snotty cow. I went to the Upper East Side for the first time in years on this last trip to New York. Eesh. Remind me to stay below 59th next I'm there.

Alright, back in a bit with my write while I watch review of PR. It's time to sew and be sewn!

Ciao for now,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. Well, who doesn't? Jennifer Garner has redeemed herself, though. Juno was amazing.

    ReplyDelete