Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Project Runway: I Wanna Be Outdated

Spoiler Alert... Spoiler Alert... Spoiler Alert...

The show starts with Jack poaching Ricky's model. Crap, I hope he doesn't start crying again.

Nina Garcia issues tonight's challenge - teams of three must create a collection of modern pieces incorporating outdated fashion trends.

Christian's hair is even more jacked than last week Does he cut it himself or did he get crazy at the TRESemme hair salon?

Here's the team breakdown:

Shoulder pads, baggy sweaters and dancewear get reinvented by Chris, Sweet P and Steven. Their looks aren't "cohesive" apparently and Sweet P is perturbed. They all look khaki and ugly to me!

Elisa, Ricky and Victorya tackle underwear as outerwear, neon and cutouts. Ricky is the team leader and has already worn three different hats in the first ten minutes. This ought to be fun. He's already grumbling about Victorya's bossiness. Ricky might be a bit of a chafe (and I hate to turn on my peeps), but I kind of agree. I'm sure it's just the way it's been edited. Yes, that must be it, but man, I can't believe Elisa's looking like the sane one here. What crazy universe is this?!!

Rami, Kevin and Ralph Lauren girl (who heretofore has been so unspectacular I cannot remember her name) look confused about overalls, 70s flares and poodle skirts. Kevin and RL girl (apparently she's called Jillian) look like the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz compared to their model.

Kit, Christian and Jack must meld pleather, zoot suits and fringe. Yeesh. Christian has dubbed them Team Star because, "Team Star is like hot. Like star. Like celebrities." I can't decide if I want to punch Christian or ask him to be my BFF. At first glance, I feel like I'm in an Adam Ant video when Tim comes in to view their looks. The New Romantics are back!

The sniping's in the gutter as the runway draws near.

(Commercial time. I can't believe Bravo has a show coming up called Make Me a Supermodel. I'm debating whether or not I have the guts to subject myself to this. I'm cringing at the thought.)

It's showtime, folks, and I think we're about to be subjected to a whole lot of ugly! Ooh lookie, Donna Karan is the guest judge!

Team Ralph Lauren girl: Humongous sigh as high waisted, pleated overalls with a flared leg come down the runway followed by denim shorts and some Dukes of Hazzard-esque dress. It looks cohesive, but I'm not feeling all the elements.

Team Khaki: If any of you read my Fashion Week Spring 08 coverage you know I feel a certain amount of loathing towards khaki. I kind of like Sweet P's dress, though. Not sure about Steve's wrap thingie. As for Chris' old lady of the 80's giant shoulder pad monstrosity... No comment.

Team Star: Err, where's the pleather and fringe? Am I missing something? I'm kind of getting zoot suit, but I don't want to.

Team Ricky: Well, you knew it was going to be a disaster from all the confusion and arguing. The clothes fit poorly and are pretty darn ugly. Victorya's dress looks like something a flag girl in a high school marching band would wear.

And the winner is Team Jillian. I agree they had the most polished looks. Team Star is safe.

The judges are disappointed in Ricky (ill fitting dress). And Victorya (not a team player). And Chris (garment too mother of the bride). And Steve (his frock didn't relate to the other pieces).

Last week Chris was in. This week he is out. It's back to the costume world for him and wow, next week's episode looks dramatic. I've heard rumors about Jack's discussion with Tim. We'll see if they're the truth.

Have a lookie loo at the clothes at BravoTV.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment