Sunday, November 11, 2007

Desperately Seeking Housewives, Serial Killers and Current Events

I've come back to a brand new Democratic Kentucky. So much has changed since I left for Texas and it's great to be home. I hardly recognize the place.

After spending a week in Austin listening to and engaging in various office snarkathons and having a friend wonder how we get any work done, considering, I realize that all my complaining doesn't really accomplish much and it's probably making me fat as I'm four pounds heavier than when I left. So I vow to only bitch about people I don't know from now on...

People like the wenches of Wisteria Lane. I'm watching Mike Delfino pop pills as a way of coping with life with Teri Hatcher's self-involved nitwit Susan on Desperate Housewives. I hear ya, brother. I'd turn to drugs, too, or possibly end up like Bob Johnson from Robert B. Parker's Spare Change or Rusty Coombs in James Patterson's 2nd Chance, both of which I've read since I last posted. How I've missed serial killers. Fictional ones, anyway.

I've been enjoying The Women's Murder Club novels and find Patterson's willingness to kill major characters interesting. Tear inducing and manipulative, but interesting.

Back to the real world...

German Chancellor Angela Merkel spent time at Bush's Crawford, TX ranch this week. The President acted like a new girlfriend was coming to visit and said, "We'll do anything she wants,'' Bush says. "If she wants to go for a hike, I'll go for a hike.'' I wonder if he'll give her another little massage, too. However, of all the things she wants, I kind of doubt that's one of them.

Meanwhile, Bush 41 parachuted into the reopening of his Presidential Library. He's 83. I sorta hate that I'm impressed.

Last night's Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner in Iowa had the Democratic candidates focusing all their energies into the all important first caucus state. Part of me respects the Iowa Caucus and part of me remembers that Pat Robertson came in second in 1988.

Speaking of conservative patsies, Pat Buchanan just cracks me up. He mistakenly thought John McLaughlin asked him if Bush's problem was "edible" and not "oedipal" when talking about the Iraq war. Buchanan's always laughing, which makes him endearing. And me crazy.

Mitt Romney called Adam and Eve "promiscuous." We are in for a world of repression if this guy wins. Oh wait, that's the world we live in now!

And finally, in sports news, Justine Henin beat Maria Sharapova at the WTA Tour Sony Ericsson Championships, ending her spectacular tennis year on a high note.

Can anyone tell me why on earth K-Swiss hired Anna Kournikova to hawk their brand? I'm guessing you're not actually meant to play tennis while wearing them.

I'll spare you from discussing Skate Canada, but it's tempting!

The LP Questionnaire returns tomorrow with Velocity's own Tom Nord and The Courier-Journal's Jeffrey Lee Puckett.

Nighty night,
Ms. P

1 comment:

  1. All the sudden, I recognized that shot. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete