Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall TV Guide - Tuesday

Here's the Tuesday preview. I finally watched the end of the Chuck pilot and it's a bit goofy but I'll be tuning in for episode two. Zeljko Ivanek just groomed his eyebrows on Damages. I think I could have lived without seeing that.

ABC

8.00 Cavemen (Oct 2). Haven't we seen this before? Wasn't it called Encino Man? Spin-offs are bad enough but when they come from commercials for an insurance company... I'm reminded of the Bill Hicks bit about people in marketing.

8.30 Carpoolers (Oct 2). The premise, four guys bond as they commute to work, sounds completely awful but I'm willing to give this a chance as it comes from the mind of Bruce McCulloch (I was a big Kids in the Hall fan).

9.00 Dancing With the Stars Results (Sep 25). Who will be this year's big winner? My money's on Wayne Newton (which might be why I rarely gamble).

10.00 Boston Legal (Sep 25). Apparently no one in the media was happy with James Spader's recent Emmy win but I still remember how smokin' he was in Pretty in Pink (which has nothing to do with BL or the fact that John Laroquette joins the cast for season four). Between Laroquette, Spader and Shatner, I hope they have a large scenery budget as there'll be quite a lot of chewing going on.

CBS
8.00 NCIS (Sep 25). NCIS celebrates its 100th episode this season. Really? It's been on that long? I'm sorry but Mark Harmon was only entertaining in Summer School.

9.00 The Unit (Sep 25). Though this show features two actors I enjoy, Dennis Haysbert and Robert Patrick (one of the nicest guys ever), I've never managed to see it. I don't think that's going to change this year.

10.00 Cane (Sep 25). Jimmy Smits marks his return to TV in this drama about a Cuban sugar magnate. Unfortunately, the superb cast (rounded out by Hector Elizondo and Rita Moreno) isn't enough to pique my interest in what sounds like a bit of a snoozefest.

NBC
8.00 The Biggest Loser (Sep 11). Lose weight, win valuable prizes. Perhaps if I had the evil Sami (Alison Sweeney) from Days of our Lives around to motivate me I could be the biggest loser, too.

9.30 The Singing Bee (Sep 25). Spelling Bees with little kids: cute. Singing Bees with the Fat One: not so cute.

10.00 Law & Order: SVU (Sep 25). L&O:SVU is the lone representative of the franchise hitting NBC this fall. The original won't be around until mid-season and Criminal Intent got demoted to USA. SVU has a strong cast and future guest appearances by Cynthia Nixon, Aidan Quinn, Gloria Reuben and Tom's favorite, Melissa Joan Hart.

FOX
8.00 Bones (Sep 25). I've yet to watch this crime procedural featuring the other Deschanel and that Angel guy. However, it's a critical favorite and the crazy Ryan O'Neal returns as Bones' papa.

9.00 House (Sep 25). The cast starts large and will apparently dwindle off Survivor-style as the season goes on. Though all of House's team left in one way or another at the end of last season, miraculously they'll all be back. I will never tire of Hugh Laurie, though, no matter how grouchy he gets.

The CW
8.00 Beauty and the Geek (Sep 18). Ashton Kutcher + Reality Show + The CW = Thanks, but no thanks (unless there's an episode where someone punches AK or something. Then I might tune in.)

9.00 Reaper (Sep 25). Kevin Smith + Satan + The CW = Different story entirely. Slacker dude finds out his parents sold his soul to the devil! Wackiness ensues! Actually looking forward to this one even if Smith's best movie was An Evening with Kevin Smith.

That's all for Tuesday. Wednesday on Wednesday!

Toodles,
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment