Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall TV Guide - Friday

As I've been writing these guides, I realized a show I was looking forward to wasn't on Fox's schedule. That show, New Amsterdam, has been bumped to mid-season in favor of Don't Forget the Lyrics. Sigh. I guess it gives me something to look forward to. I'm also a bit confused about Lucy Liu's Cashmere Mafia. It doesn't start until December now. I suppose technically that's fall.

And on to the Friday final...

ABC
8.00 20/20. Enduring news program hosted by Elizabeth Vargas and a guy with an impressive mustache (John Stossel).

9.00 Women's Murder Club (Oct 12). I admit it, I'm excited about Angie Harmon's return despite her unfortunate politics. Harmon is a babe and I loved her on Law & Order. Based on James Patterson's book series, the show features a quartet of female friends who catch killers and must be on the same schedule at this point (ladies, you know what I mean). Looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't suck.

10.00 Men in Trees (Oct 12). I have fond memories of Anne Heche on Another World. I do not have fond memories of Celestia, the second coming of Jesus.

CBS
8.00 Ghost Whisperer (Sep 28). Making jokes about Jennifer Love Hewitt's boobs is really so five years ago. So I won't. What I also won't be doing: watching Jennifer Love Hewitt's boobs on the Ghost Whisperer.

9.00 Moonlight (Sep 28). Now I understand why New Amsterdam moved. We can't have two immortal detectives in the same week! Of course, if either show is successful we'll have ten, but whatever. The adorable Jason Dohring (I really wanted Veronica to end up with Logan and no, I can't seem to let Veronica Mars go) joined the cast recently after several upheavals which left lead Alex O'Loughlin as the last man standing. How ironic.

10.00 Numb3rs (Sep 28). Val Kilmer livens up the season premiere of Numb3rs which is kind of good but kind of Val Kilmer?? I saw VK in The Ten Commandments: The Musical (no, I'm not making that up) and frankly I'm still scarred. Apparently we'll be treated to more of FBI Agent Don with-the-perfectly-rolled-up-sleeves Eppes (Rob Morrow) in therapy and someone out there resents his can't-commit-because-he's-too-cute-but-totally genius brother Charlie (David Krumholtz).

NBC
8.00 Deal or No Deal. Do I really have to write another DoND joke?

9.00 Friday Night Lights (Oct 5). The best show on TV that I'm not watching. I'll refrain from bringing up my tragic Texas football cheerleading childhood and how that's my excuse for many things besides not watching FNL.

10.00 Las Vegas (Sep 28). Don't care about James Caan... Oh, he's out? Tom Selleck is replacing him? Crap. Now I care even less.

FOX
8.00 The Next Great American Band (Oct 19). Brought to you by the American Idol team, I'm sure this is going to be a big hit. However, if this is how we find the next great American band I really am going to quit the music industry. Besides, I thought My Morning Jacket was supposed to be America's next great band. Wouldn't it be funny if they auditioned? I'd love to see Jim get some thoughtful critiques from The Goo Goo Dolls' Johnny Rzeznik.

9.00 Nashville (Sep 14). What better way to follow up one scary reality show about musicians trying to break into the big time than with... another scary reality show about musicians trying to break into the big time? I. Can't. Wait.

The CW
8.00 WWE Smackdown. I'm a bit sad that I have to finish my Fall TV coverage with the WWE Smackdown but considering the snarkfest I turned it into, perhaps it's only fitting. I'd like to end the guide with a little interactive fun so please take a second and let me know what your Pro Wrestling Name is.

Nighty night!
Captain Barbarian

ps. I don't know why I chose this candid I shot of Andrew WK. He just looks so dreamy, don'tcha think?!

5 comments:

  1. yes, that is my pro wrestling name. i've got a deal for howie mandel: if he promises to look this way on the show i'll watch deal or no deal every week...

    http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/lm.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snide Executioner...could anyone have come up with a better name for me? i should have it tattooed on my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I was kind of excited to be Captain Barbarian but the Snide Executioner rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he hasn't been on it yet (so i guess he's not a true new yorker), but he's obsessed with it and talks about it in his act. his observations are quite funny.

    ReplyDelete