Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Holy Cow - MMJ at Terminal 5 Edition



Pooch is here to welcome you to the good times ahead...

So, remember I said I was actually excited about something and how rare that is and yes you get the picture. This is full on bananatown, I must say.

My Morning Jacket will take to the stage at Terminal 5 in New York City for five nights starting October 18th and ending on October 23rd.

Each show will be dedicated to one of the band's full length studio albums in chronological order... so, The Tennessee Fire, At Dawn, It Still Moves, Z, and Evil Urges will all be performed from start to finish and goodness gracious, this has never happened before! I've seen hundreds of MMJ shows and they'll be performing songs I've never seen.

After the album is finished, the guys will play a mix of favorites from their catalog (and some covers, mayhaps?).

All of the dates will go on sale as individual shows on June 18th but for fans who want the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of experiencing all five shows, there will be a special pre-sale. Five show packages will go on sale June 14th.

As per MMJ usual, each show will benefit a different charity with $1 of each ticket sold going to a different local organization:

October 18 - The Tennessee Fire - Safe Haven of Pike County.
October 19 - At Dawn - The Innocence Project
October 21 - It Still Moves - 826NYC
October 22 - Z - New York Cares
October 23 - Evil Urges - Sustainable South Bronx

For info on tickets, please visit Terminal 5's website.

Hope to see you in the Big Apple! My camera will probably explode from the awesome sauciness.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic!

    5 nights. 5 albums. AND city bakery.
    where's my calendar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND levain. AND my wedding anniversary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news! I was recently watching the Cure's "Trilogy" and thinking that playing an entire album is such a great idea that I'm surprised more artists don't do it. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! a big week! hope you can bookend the trip w-a weekend stay. bonus!

    Levain was a highlight of my last trip to nyc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to change my pants.

    ReplyDelete