Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snow Day




I was reminded that today is the one year anniversary of that stupid ice storm that blew through Kentucky and oh, but I do remember those heady days of sleeping in a bedroom that was 38 degrees, building fires so I didn't freeze all day long and putting all the food in the snow so it wouldn't spoil.

I was trapped in Fox Ridge, Tom was in Australia, and I didn't have power for a week. But now I can look back with a sense of accomplishment at my Grizzly Adams ways.

That being said, man I hope they never happen again. Seriously, when we moved this summer part of the attraction was that I would never be trapped again. Now we live right off 146 and I feel relieved about this every day. Of course living right off 146 means bozos who don't know how to drive plow into your tree line.

You take the good, you take the bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment