Friday, January 15, 2010

Kimmel vs Leno



Ouch. Almost felt sorry for Leno that he had to suffer through this because it's the most brutal attack so far in the Late Night Wars.

By all accounts, including people I've known who were on The Tonight Show, Leno's always been a nice guy. What happened? Unfortunately, Jeff Zucker, who seems to have been a jerk then, jerk now, made it you survive or Conan does and self-preservation won out. I don't know, that's just my guess.

In some ways I find it a bit funny strange that we've all banded together to choose sides between one incredibly wealthy person vs another. Then again, not all things are about money, are they? It feels like Leno got kind of mean (which definitely doesn't work for him in the way it does for Letterman) and definitely unfunny years ago while Conan's won fans with self-deprecation and charm.

Still Team Coco but starting to feel like I'm rubbernecking.

No comments:

Post a Comment