Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Song For A Day - Do They Know It's Christmas?



I really meant to write last week but who knew that going to work actually meant working?!! Sheesh.

I hope you're all having a dandy holiday season filled with love and joy and all that stuff.

In honor of the holly/merry thing, I bring you that 1984 classic, "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Man, I still love this freaking song. Can't say much for the lyrics but seriously, when I was 14 I used to watch this video over and over just for glimpses of my beloved Duran Duran. This is an Anglophile's dream montage. It's excellent to see the mulleted Bono pre-sunglasses and the dashing Paul Weller. And what up with Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet singing with his forefinger on his chin as if to convety that "Feed the world" truly is food for thought.

I'll try to do something blogworthy next week but my fave new show Hoarders is on repeat. Life has a little less meaning now.

Alrighty then, Happy Christmas peeps. I hope you get some good loot.

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that Gaga's "Christmas Tree" hasn't made an appearance yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaga has a christmas song??!!! well there are still a few days left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song STILL gives me the chills. Nice post. Merry Christmas lp!

    ReplyDelete