Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Song For A Day - I See You



Okay, I admit I'm sort of cheaping out with all the Song For A Day posts as yes, they're sort of easy peasy in the grand scheme of things. I did set out to live blog Sarah Palin's Oprah appearance yesterday, but it was so boring I couldn't be bothered.

I've been listening to music a lot lately and I swear it's made my life better. For years, it feels, I've gone mostly without, lost to the world of NPR and all news all the time.

It's more than excellent, getting back to my first love. I still remember the first stirrings of romance in my life listening to "Sailing" by Christopher Cross, disco dancing with my brother to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, loads and loads of teen angst with The Cure and Bauhaus. Where did it all go wrong?! Or right!

Anyway, I recently heard this Mika song and instantly fell in love with the longing and the drama. I've always liked what I've heard from him but never paid any strict attention. I'll have to rethink that now.

I've dreamt alone now the dreams won't do...

PS. Sorry for the video but it's the only one I could find. That being said, listening to the off-key singalong of the chorus by the teens in the front rows is sort of oh so fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment