Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Playlist - Melancholy Wednesday Edition

I like coming up with random new features while sitting in my office staring out the window contemplating my afternoon sojourn to Bed, Bath and Beyond.

So... yes... here's three songs I've listened to today. I'm feeling mildly melancholy for no apparent reason. Probably depression due to Tom DeLay dropping out of Dancing with the Stars. I'm bereft, I tell ya.



Yes, Oasis seem like jerks to the highest degree, but I quite like this song. Not sure how I feel about listening to it while watching Liam lip synch in a desert, though... or wherever he is.



Every time I lament the return of the 90s I hear a song that takes me back to my early 20s and I start to wonder what I did with my babydoll dresses and Doc Martens. Ahh, the joys of Matthew Sweet. I resisted Girlfriend for a long time but then I finally gave in and listened on repeat for days that stretched into endless weeks of looking at the sun.



I remember going to see Luna at the El Rey in Los Angeles. It's one of the few concerts I've been to where I stood right up front and got all swoony. Later I made Sean, the guitarist, be my friend. It's hilarious to see him with long hair. I hadn't before I found this video just now. I even got the briefest of mentions in Dean Wareham's memoir. Of course I bought it, looked for my name and never read the rest. Ha... err.. ha.

Okay, this day is far too pleasant for me to be committed to prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment