Thursday, September 24, 2009

What I'm Listening to Right This Very Second - Goodbye Girl


I've been full on overdosing on nostalgia lately (I'm getting up there, people, I'm allowed!) and now I'm starting to wonder if I missed the 70s coming back? I caught the 80s because that was the first time I realized I was there for the original and, "Who are these tarts in Flashdance sweaters?!!" I wondered in outrage.

Anyhoo, I have fond memories of David Gates (and Bread) despite the fact that they were my father's favorite band. Or maybe it's because of. In any case, it took a long time for me to get back to these smooth classics from yesteryear (I sound like one of those Time Life infomercials now), but once I did they welcomed me back like warm cocoa on a chilly day! Yes, I'm aware that makes no sense.

Really I just miss the days when a man could wear a sparkly jacket and still be a man.

I love hearing Dick Clark at the end... "Ohhhh man alive..."

No comments:

Post a Comment