Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Fallout

Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me


I'm sitting here watching the US Open Women's Doubles Final where Venus and Serena Williams just won. Oh yay. Mary Carillo said last night that she was shocked (and seemed dismayed) that they were even letting them play. Well, I guess Serena's winnings will more than cover the measly $10,500 fine levied on her after her major spazz out in the Women's Semis. But you know, apparently Serena has apologized now so we should all move on. Nevermind that it took her two days, a press conference where she said, "Who? Me? Apologize?" and an appearance at the VMAs for her publicists to come up with it.

Speaking of the VMA's... I've updated my post to include links to many of Lady Gaga's fabulous outfits. I'm definitely revising my opinion about LG. I would never have the guts to wear a bird's nest to an awards show. Maybe I should try it when I run my errands tomorrow. I bet the other housewives at the Springhurst Target will be muy impressed.

I'm a little baffled over all the Kanye West outrage. Yes, Kanye made a lame move taking the mic from Taylor Swift and crapping all over her teenage dreams, but really... this is the VMA's we're talking about, people. It's not the Grammys... it's not even the People's Choice Awards (do they even still have those?). I find it hard to believe that young Taylor's soul is seriously wounded over Kanye telling the world that Beyonce's video is the best ever. As my internet friend Phil Looney says, "When Kanye drops a new single with Taylor Swift singing the hook, don't act surprised." Also, Whitney Pastorek coined the phrase #kanspiracytheories and it's taking off. It will be interesting to see what West's reception is on tonight's Jay Leno Show.

Anyway, I've included Taylor Swift's winning video in this post. Decide for yourself if it beats Beyonce's rope climbing. I think not.

1 comment: