Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Deep Breaths


Isn't this picture pretty? Soothing, even. (You can see loads more excellent images at pixdaus.com.)

I'm using it to erase the past couple of hours where I made the unwise decision to read the crazy people reaction to Obama's education speech and watch the crazy people reaction to Obama's speech (did you know it was illegal to have lesson plans where kids talk about what they want to be when they grow up?).

It's so unsettling to me, this fear based Feary McFearystein loony bin rhetoric. Would someone please explain to me how it was okay for Bush to do warrantless wiretaps, but it's NOT okay for Obama to tell kids to set goals and step away from the XBox?

Somehow I am missing the logic.

In other news, I would love to see Georgia native Melanie Oudin step in and win it all at the US Open. That would be pretty delightful. Did anyone else see Novak Djokovic call John McEnroe down for a quick game last night after his match? That was super cute. Looking forward to Marin Cilic vs Andy Murray later this afternoon and would like to see Cilic pull off the upset if only because of this photo.

1 comment:

  1. what if my goal is to beat a game on the xbox? that is a goal. are you & Obama telling me what my goals can & can't be? =)

    ReplyDelete