Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beth Solves All My Problems... Plus Some Twitter Polling


Lately I've been having this discussion with Tom, wondering if, when I'm on my deathbed will I regret the many hours I spent online, weeks watching tennis, days spent reading trashy books and watching Project Runway?

Well, now I am guilt free, ladies and gents, because my answer to this be NO.

I also remarked, as a rationale, that it's not like if I wasn't watching the VMA's I would be in Peru scampering around Machu Picchu (which I really want to do someday, just not right at this moment).

Anyway, as I was going through Google Reader (the greatest invention ever) this morning I found this share from my pal Beth (original post here), and it was a real Oprah A Ha! kind of moment. I enjoy being a homebody, I like watching too much So You Think You Can Dance, I don't mind spending long hours IM'ing with friends. I'm going to run with the theory that maybe if I feel less stressed out about not being productive I will actually be more productive.

Fittingly, as I sat down to write this post I closed my eyes and clicked on a random song in iTunes...



Mmm, love this song. A favorite at the disco... back when I did that sort of thing.

In other news, this week's Twitter Poll, "Who had the worst outburst and why? Joe Wilson, Serena Williams or Kanye West?" was probably the most popular yet. In the end Joe Wilson won it by six with Serena Williams coming in second. True to history, Kanye just can't win at anything. There were a lot of "We expect athletes and musicians to be jerks" comments. This is sort of refreshing because I also expect politicians to be jerks, as well.

Don't you want to answer my dopey questions, too? Follow along @mspark. Fair warning, I post comments and links to Twitterers in my reportage. So really, this is a good opportunity for you to see your name on the internets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment