Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bananas



I was going to blog about the Teen choice Awards but between Miley Cyrus dressing like a hooker and Anna Paquin getting nominated for Best Actress for True Blood, a decidedly not tween friendly show, I find myself feeling old and disgusted.

Something else that's crushing my soul? The craziness that's ensuing over health care reform. Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin are really blowing my mind with the Nazi name calling and "death panels." The rhetoric on both sides has been at a frenzied level for several years and what good comes of it? It's hard not to get caught up in the anger and anger can be productive but fear is not. Fear and ennui are eroding our spirits and I wish more than anything that I had the solution, but I don't.

The only thing I can offer to lift us up today is the Monkey theme. I hope it will suffice. (Monkey theme comes courtesy of Beaucoupkevin).

Oh God, I just saw a commercial for the Octomom special on Fox. I'm going to go cry now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm more offended that any acting on True Blood is being acknowledged in any way. Across the board, worst accents ever.

    ReplyDelete