Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Songs I Somehow Never Heard - Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken



I can't believe I've let so many days pass since my last post. The excuse of moving/unpacking/shutting the door in the face of Jehovah's Witnesses (or Mormons, whatever) wearing "Jesus Christ" nametags is wearing thin.

So... I'm lying in bed at 10.23 am on this fine Tuesday watching (this is so embarrassing) Over Her Dead Body. My excuse this time is that I'm not feeling well and obviously I'm not in my right mind willingly watching something with both Lake Bell AND Eva Longoria Parker (although I do watch Desperate Housewives and have since Day 1, and oh let's face it underneath my dark cloud I am unbearably girly).

Err... so... I'm lying in bed at 10.23 am on this fine Tuesday watching the end credits of Over Her Dead Body (did you know Paul Rudd is in that movie? He's adorable!) and this Oh My Goodness I'm in a Time Machine kind of song comes on so I look it up and it's not really from the early 90s but a 2006 offering from Glaswegians Camera Obscura, who have been around since 1996, but apparently I live in a musical cave. That was a long sentence that I'm not entirely sure was grammatically correct.

"Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken" is a response to the Lloyd Cole and the Commotions song "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken." Do you remember that Lloyd Cole video where he had the rose tattoo on his palm? I still think about that every now and then.

"Llloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken" reminds me of The Sundays, of getting ready to go out and meet cute boys, of those rare moments of appreciating youth while still being young.

And with a sigh I change the channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment