Friday, July 31, 2009

From Evil To Genius - Times Like These



So maybe I'm feeling a little nasty for discussing the Evil Beaver in my last post (though it's more of a "think piece", right, whatever that means) and perhaps it's time to start cleansing the old soul with this clip of Glen Campbell performing The Foo Fighters' "Times Like These." We toured with The FF's in 2003 and this song was always the highlight for me.

I really enjoy the classic country boys doing modern hits. Like The Oak Ridge Boys turning "Seven Nation Army" into a tasty vocal treat or Johnny Cash crooning "I hurt myself today..." I hear nothing but the sweetness when these melodies come around.

Okay, that's all for today. I swears.

3 comments:

  1. I can listen to those Johnny Cash American Recordings all day.

    Have you ever seen Johnny Berry and the Outliers? I'm a huge fan. I like that band so much I subject myself to really crowded hipster bars just to hear them play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We toured with them". I didn't know you were in the band. What do you play?

    ReplyDelete