Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nancy Pelosi Is Getting On My Nerves

Some random thoughts from President Obama's Presidential Address to Congress...

I wish I could turn Nancy Pelosi's jack in the box routine into a drinking game. I would be so very drunk right now.

But alas, I do not drink... so am relegated to being merely annoyed that she keeps jumping up to give Obama standing ovations every five seconds. I'm also worried about her face. She looks like claymation. Please, Nancy, just age gracefully. That Botox isn't helping.

I feel lame that it's my first post after eulogizing my friend Melissa and I'm being a biyaatch (do people still use that word?) about Madame Speaker, but it's 800 degrees here in Austin... in February... and heat always makes me cranky.

Michelle Obama looks amazing, though, in her purple frock and matching purple eyeshadow. I'm so glad that color is back. It reminds me of being 12.

I'm looking at the MSNBC Audience Reactometer, and he's off the charts with McCain voters. In fact, he's doing better with McCain voters than his own. I think that's telling and tells what we all thought, really, that he's a centrist in liberal's clothing.

Okay, I have to go back to work now. I hope you're all having a happy Tuesday. I'm sad the Leverage season finale is tonight. I've really been enjoying that show even though Christian Kane's hair is truly tragic.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment