Friday, February 6, 2009

My Morning Jacket in Japan - LP in LA


My Morning Jacket say sayonara to Japan and hello Los Angeles today (or tomorrow, but it's Saturday over yonder already). Here they be standing in front of an advert for Soft Bank. I hope Tom is bringing that doggie home.

I'm sad to report that they'll be saying hello to a cold and rainy LA. I can't believe this. It's probably going to rain as much in the four days I'm visiting as it did in the eight years I lived here! Boo!


Still... at least there are cupcakes... these being courtesy of Cake in Manhattan Beach. I just ate a carrot cake cupcake for breakfast. I think I'm going to hell.

Don't tell anyone I took this while driving, but here's a random shot of yesterday's sunset over the ocean. I swear I kept my eyes on the road the whole time, thus the results.

I have a busy day ahead trying to find a slightly more acceptable top to wear to the Grammys, lunching with a friend and coffee with some old Viper Room pals. I'll be dining tonight at Rustic Canyon, the restaurant started by the old Spago chef. Sounds yummy. I'll let you know.

I'll be back later with final shots of MMJ overseas, but in the meantime, I think you might like these shots of the puppy/kitten store, Eric Mayers doing his best Shining impersonation at the puppy/kitten store, and interesting pet disposal options.




I hope you've enjoyed these little travelogues, and as always you can catch up with all of them here.

Okay, the sugar is making me funny in the head. Time to look for more reasonable brekkie alternatives. I think they have eggs in California. Why, I'm sure they do!

(photos by Tom Blankenship, Eric Mayers and yours truly)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to go to Graff's and borrow a very cool necklace of yellow diamonds to go with your cool black top and skirt. you will be the coolest!

    ReplyDelete