Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Panera Monologues

Day 2 of Panera blogging. Day 3 of no power.

Tom and I drove through the Highlands today. My old street, Broadmeade in Seneca Gardens, looked like a disaster area.

So sad to see so many giant old trees felled. The damage was way worse in the Highlands than Crestwood which makes me wonder if God weren't tryin' to tell them liberals somethin' or other!

I'm at Oxmoor today instead of Springhurst as wandering around with the tassel loafered denizens of the East End was getting a bit too depressing. All those lost souls in their pleated pants wondering where the hell to go. I don't know, either, dude. Maybe over to Dick's where they're all sold out of lanterns but you can get a nice light for the stern of your boat if you need it. They've got a few of those left.

We wander through the house at night with our headlamps on looking like members of Orbital as we feed the animals and complete our chores.

I've never wanted to get back to California so badly! On Friday morning I'll be at a swanky spa in Berkeley getting a massage courtesy of T's sister. On Sunday night I'll be watching MMJ grace the same stage as JOURNEY, PEOPLE! as they play the Greek Theatre in LA. Good times with power ahead.

Okay, I realize I've been a bit grim and wordy so here's some funny cat video to end this post...



Toodles,
M. P

2 comments:

  1. Funny cat stuff always cheers me up; of course, some spa time in sunny California should do the trick too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete