Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shame, Have You None? and Other Stories

Good grief! I'm sitting here watching Tim Russert's memorial, which was both sweet and touching (and included a performance of "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen), when I came upon this...



Yes, that's California Republican Representative Darrell Issa politicizing Russert's passing by claiming that Tim's journalism skills would set free the truth about offshore drilling.

I'm glad to know that this is what Tim would have wanted. Offshore drilling. Off the coast of California.

Such ickyness means it's time to run this gem which I haven't had time to post...

I'm Voting Republican



What is with people? I'm sure Issa felt like this was his way to eulogize Russert but my goodness, how gauche!

In other news, Tom and I ate at a pretty deluxe vegan restaurant called Blossom tonight. We followed this with So You Think You Can Dance (yes, this is how our time is spent in the big city). Why does Mia Michaels have to hate on all the female contestants? Then again, why on earth did they put that salsa skank in the Top 20?

MMJ on Conan tomorrow night. Good times.
Ms. P

2 comments:

  1. what's worse in my mind is that Bush went to Russert's memorial immediately upon his return from having tea with the Queen as IL & MO flooded. Talk about mixed up priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm... I did not know that. Good point.

    ReplyDelete